Thursday, August 7, 2008

Skeleton Key

Okay so this has nothing to do with the movie, it has to do with my hotel room key. I usually don’t mind hotel room keys, not a big deal, just keep track of them so you can get in and out of your room and go about your day. The first day I was at the hotel I checked in, got my room key and took all my stuff in. I went back to take more stuff to my room and my key didn’t work. I had to go back to the front desk and have them re-swipe my key. So took the stuff in, then I went to check to see where the pool was (you know that is important!) Ran back out to my car and grabbed a couple of books , purse, camera etc. Gone from my room less than five minutes, and wouldn’t you know the dang thing didn’t work! I had to go back and have them re-swipe my card. So I take my stuff to my room, check my pocket and make sure I have my key and leave the room.

I attended a couple hours of meetings, and when I went back to check in the room for the 4th stinking time that day I reached to grab my hotel key and realized that it wasn’t my hotel key in my pocket, it was instead my key chain! So I had to once again go to the front desk and get a new key, they didn’t even ask my room number, they just gave me a new key.

Throughout the rest of the week I did end up leaving my key in my room a couple more times, and had to go back a couple times because it wouldn’t work. I never realized how annoying that could be! Thank goodness I was relatively close to the front desk so it wasn’t quite as big of a hassle, but it was still annoying. Only one more day left in a hotel and dealing with the finicky keys!

No comments: